Follow Me on Pinterest By: TwitterButtons.com

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Something Simple...

You ever make this recipe and its so unbelievably simple that you think to yourself, "There is NO way this should taste this good?" I have a million times, but never as much as when I make my Simple Sausage and Rice. It is one of those "by accident recipes" that is just really good. Plus to make things even better, its fast. 15 minutes, tops and you have a warm meal that you can feed your family with the addition of a few simple sides and you are good to go!


Seriously its 3 ingredients IF you count the water!


Simple Sausage and Rice
Ingredients:
1 package of ground pork sausage
2 boxes of Uncle Ben's Wild and Long Grain Rice
3 cups of water







Brown the sausage in a pot until nice and brown, add in the rice and seasonings and stir until they are fragrant. By fragrant, I mean you can smell them. (Sometimes you gotta explain these things) Then you add in the water. Bring it to a boil and reduce it to a simmer until the water is evaporated and the rice is cooked. Usually about 7 minutes covered. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve!


And to be honest... Its one of those "Man food" recipes that involves a starch and meat, no veggies, and its easy. But this recipe is just a base for all kinds of ingredients. I'd love to add some broccoli, bell pepper, and maybe some fresh herbs... will I get to? Not unless I make my own batch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment