Follow Me on Pinterest By: TwitterButtons.com

Thursday, December 8, 2011

All because of lunch...

I am very blessed to be a stay at home Mommy. I wasn't able to do that with my older two children and I am so excited to be able to stay home with Mr. Hayes.

 It has been such a wonderful thing to share every second of his life with him. We have literally been apart maybe 4 days of his life. And that was just for bits and pieces at a time when we went to baseball tournaments. One of my favorite parts of our days together is eating lunch. I made all of his baby food, and because of that, my little 15 month old is quite the foodie. He eats everything from, avocado rolls, to tuna salad, and every pasta in between. Its our little way of sharing a moment in time. We always eat together, sharing the same bowl or plate. He feeds me. I feed him. Its just the perfect little time for us.

Yesterday was probably the best day of all so far.... We were sharing my Mushroom Dumpling Soup (recipe is at http://sweetteatatertots.weebly.com) and he was loving it.... When all of the sudden he starts clapping his hands. This usually means "tell me I did good" or sing 'if you're happy and you know it" to me. So we started singing, and today for the first time he did all the motions! I was so excited, but that's not the best part.... Then he puckered up his lips like he does sometimes to make his "killer face," but this time he came up and planted the biggest kiss on me ever. (This was a first too) As he walked away he jabbered something that I swear sounded like "lub you" and was off into his little world again. I am such a sap, but I literally almost cried. I know he might not have even said he loved me... but in his own little way he did. That moment... made everything else that was wrong in the world right
 for the rest of the day.

All because of lunch....

No comments:

Post a Comment