Follow Me on Pinterest By: TwitterButtons.com

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why do I punish myself?!

You know sometimes out of the blue I get this idea to try something.... Might be a new recipe, or a new technique for cooking, but for whatever strange reason I decide to go on a little adventure of sorts. Like the other day... I decided I was going to make tamales. Yeah, I do this every couple of years and once I get into the big middle of it I ask myself "Why in the heck did I do this again?" Its one of those very long... very tedious and time consuming ordeals. It takes all day to make a couple dozen and really... by the time you are finished you don't even want to smell the things anymore. lol.  I swear out of 6 dozen, I've eaten 3 tamales. Seriously. And they were good don't get me wrong. I just kinda got my fill from the "experience" of making them.

So I'm not sure why... but I'm getting this hankering to make something new. Jam. I haven't ever in my life made jam. I've made jelly... maybe once. Its not something I know how to do, but I guess since its a dying art, I better learn how to do it. My grandmother is one of the best at making jelly, or canning anything really. She makes the best pickles I've ever tasted. They are something so different... so... her. But anyways, that is another discussion entirely. You gotta forgive me, I have Mommy ADHD... I get distracted by things like pickles sometimes.


So I was talking about jam.

You know that thick, gooey goodness that goes so great on a fresh baked biscuit? Yum... with fresh butter. HEAVEN! But I want something different... with a homemade taste, and a fresh feel. But where to find that perfect combination? I'll ask around. See what I can find, and probably head over to Pinterest...the love of my creative life to get some inspiration. Once I figure it out, I promise to fill you guys in on how well, or not well it turned out. I am after all, not the perfect chef, just one that likes to try new things and if it works, great, if not... eh... whatever. There's always cheesecake. Now THAT I can make like a pro! Until next time, make something sweet for your family!
Love always,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment